Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:18 -0500
At 07:15 PM 9/20/2007, Max Heim wrote:

>I can't speak for my MGB, but on my other car (which weighs 3400 lbs), I
>recently fitted cross-drilled, slotted, vented rotors, replacing the OEM
>vented rotors,

<SNIP>

A very important difference in that they were vented rotors on your
car. 2 braking surfaces separated by fins, for those that haven't
seen them. The pad only "works" on 1 of the drilled surfaces. Vented
rotors on a B would probably be helpful.

>I suspect that cracking issues arise when people cross-drill their own
>rotors without proper stress relief.

That is absolutely not the case with the ones we had fail. These were
sold and manufactured by a reputable company.

>--
>Max

Peter C.