Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:22:06 -0400
I was under the impression that cross drilling the rotors was done to allow
the gasses to escape from the high performance pads in use a number of years
ago, not for heat dissipation. Using the current crop of high performance
pads, the gas problem does not occur, so the high performance folks I know
do not use cross drilled rotors. Only the "show car" types do.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems

Having said that, I have recently driven roads on which every increment of
additional heat dissipation was greatly appreciated. Again, it depends on
your situation -- if I lived in Honeydew or Shelter Cove (see Northern
California, Lost Coast), I'd be looking for carbon fiber discs...