Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"

To: "1971-red-mgb" <1971mgb@cox.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clutch issue for the "B"
From: "COX, DENNIS" <dennis_cox@appsig.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:44:30 -0800
My take on the clutch....  The carbon tob is fine..   But I experienced
premature wear from the clutch arm being wobbly.  The bushing wears and
the pivot bolt wears.  Both are available. I installed the new bushing
and bolt and when I tightened it it pinched the arm enough so it
wouldn't move.  I found the length to be about 1/16 or so shorter.
Junk...   Grrr..  I put it together with the new bushing and old bolt.
It still is wobbly but not as quite bad as it was.  The now bolt came
from Moss and I returned it.  So what do we do here?