Re: [Mgs] Color definition for "tan"

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Color definition for "tan"
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:40:00 -0800
Paul Hunt politely pointed out that the both the factory parts books and
Clausager refer to the late model MGB interior color as "Beige", not
"Champagne".

This is correct, and I was incorrect in stating that MG used the term
"Champagne" and TR, "Beige" for the same trim color.

Many U.S. British Leyland dealers carried both MG and Jaguar, so it is
possible that the use of the term "Champagne" came from that connection
as that term is used for Jaguar trim. My memory is that when the new
color appeared, at least in my area it was referred to as "Champagne" by
the U.S dealers and stockists that I was involved with from 1979
onwards. Any information one way or the other is appreciated.

Kelvin.