Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:46:27 -0500
Gee, I didn't have any problem either removing or reinstalling the heater
assembly.  I did have to thread the cable attached to the heater unit in
first and then go inside the car to make sure it was in the right spot
before finally pushing the unit into place, but otherwise found
reinstalling it to be no big deal.

Mark
73 MGBGT

Yeah... The motor, no big deal. The core... ...eek. Strong men
quail...Removal is merely a PITA and not very well documented. Replacement
and refitting of everything you had to disconnect is nearly impossible. In
fact, I would say it IS impossible. The two times I have done it I had to
kludge/customize solutions in order to get everything back together --
there is no physical way to reattach certain parts with the access
available inside the car. I think the factory must have installed the
heater parts before the dash and windscreen.

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

reassembly of the heater blower motor for a '71 MGB?...
--Steve