Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater Motor
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:59:54 -0000
Don't know why they provided individual footwell flaps as well as the
overall air direction control, maybe to push more air into the drivers side
if the passenger seat was unoccupied and its vent closed.  Mine has the
fixed vents but the same (or very similar) arrangement of defroster tubes.

That switch is for the seat-belt warning system used in various flavours
over the years, the courtesy light switches always were the simpler 'shorts
to ground when open' type.  However the original style with metal pegs in a
metal base have not been available for many years in the UK, there is an
alternative available here with a black plastic post in a metal base, but
this does need the hole in the A-post opening out a little to fit.

PaulH.