Re: [Mgs] Overdrive swap

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive swap
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:56:42 -0800
How would you go about "disabling" the 3rd gear lockout?

As far as I can tell it's a contact switch that only enables the OD circuit
when the shifter is in 4th gear. It's exactly the same switch as the reverse
lamp switch, only on the other side of the tranny case.

I see how you could bypass it to allow OD in all 4 gears plus reverse, but I
know that would not be a good idea.

Please explicate.

--

Max Heim