Re: [Mgs] OD Query

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, frankk@intap.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OD Query
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:26:26 EST
Quite right, Kelvin - pay attention to what I meant, not what I said (hard
to think with screaming clients and phones ringing off the hook)!

The other (easier) way to deal with sticking a later trans meant for a 5
main onto a 3 main engine is just to pop the input shaft out and get it turned
down. Done that a few times for the MGA race car when running the pushrod
motors.

As for tunnel interference, I was taking the word of the MGB guys who  always
swear that the tunnel was modified on the late cars to clear that trans.
Apparently not! I guess any mods were done to standardise for the V8
installation and didn't involve the tunnel?

Bill

In a message dated 1/30/2008 2:16:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,