Re: [Mgs] Piston Broke (was Picking a head)

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Piston Broke (was Picking a head)
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:38:46 EST
If that is true then your engine builder did you no favours.  I see  this all
the time - overkill on valve spring pressures that end up putting
unnecessary premature wear on the valve train.  If your engine has a  power
peak at 5500
then 6-6200 is all you need to 'spring' it to, although some  sort of RPM
limiter can be nice - not much of an issue for you, as the valves  should just
float without hitting anything.

Bill

In a message dated 14/02/2008 6:58:06 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,