Re: [Mgs] Non-start

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Non-start
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:26:33 -0800
I drive it every 2nd or 3rd day, generally. And I had just cleaned the
battery posts the other week when I installed the new alternator (and
naturally had to recharge the battery). The long battery cable (now +) is
looking a little ragged at the clamp end at present, but not fatally so.

I would have put the charger on it as a first step except it happened to be
parked out on the street today. So I just pulled the battery out and put it
on the charger in the garage. It seemed to have about a 60% charge...not
great, but I've seen worse.

I only posted because of the clicking -- usually, with a low battery it just
turns slower and slower until it stops.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149