Re: [Mgs] UK registration numbers

To: "David F. Darby" <ddarby@centurytel.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] UK registration numbers
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:37:43 -0500
So, David, tell us how you really feel about the local plates.

I still run the New Zealand plates on my Austin A60 Pickup that I imported
from NZ.  I keep the Wisconsin "Collector" plates under the seat along with
evidence of car shows that I have entered it in.  I have a spiel memorized
if I get stopped by the Gendarmes for not having plates on it that explains
how I must have forgot to reattach the WI plates after the last show.  Keep
a screwdriver handy to switch plates and hope they buy your story.

Be nice, offer to switch to the right plates on the spot, and they will
probably buy your story.

If there are any cops on this list, the above story is pure fiction and
meant as a fairy tale story.  I am a law-abiding citizen with the utmost
respect for all the traffic laws.  Even the speeding ones.

Humbly yours,

Anonymous