[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Mgs] voltage stabilzer

Subject: Re: [Mgs] voltage stabilzer
From: Allen Hess <>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:44:31 -0400
Regarding being very model specific, the electronic replacements  
which Moss sells use the same part number for MGB and TR4 (I have  
both cars). They are polarity sensitive with a part # for + - . The  
original type is no longer in the catalog.

Thanks, Allen

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:56 PM, John Cahoon wrote:

> Allen
> Voltage stabilizers are very model specific.
> Orientation is important & one installed
> backward/upside down will not work correctly. Triumph
> and MGB are totally different in this regard. The Mini
> application I do not know.
> What you need to do is have your input connected to a
> battery [12+ volts].  Then the output should yield
> some 6 volts when it is grounded. Usually the base
> unit needs to be grounded as well.  This is a rough
> test for functionality and does not cover the gauge or
> sending unit.
> Hope this is useful.   JOHN CAHOON
Support Team.Net

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>