Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?

To: "Richard Gosling" <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:45:07 +0100
Maybe I wrote to much, but that is what I said.

The issue *is* supposed to be corrosion where there is an electrical
connection, and not simply the polarity of something in free air.  In the case
of a car body it is where earth wires connect to the body, with one polarity
it is supposed to be the body that corrodes, with the other it would be the
connector as I said.

Copper and aluminium corrode away just as steel does, every metal does with
the exception of gold.  I've had a headlight wire corrode through where the
insulation cracked in the wheel arch and water got in, although that was more
likely to be from salt and water rather than polarity.

PaulH.