Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:59:40 +0100
I did 32 years in telecoms and that never came up, although the 'sacrificial
anode' thing did.  As I recall all the switching equipment used a +50v supply
and hence a negative ground.  I can't see how a length of copper wire would
lose material with the current flowing in one direction but not the other.
Even with contacts one gets a pit and the other a spike, reverse the direction
and the pits and spike change places, but what do you gain?

PaulH.