Re: [Mgs] Power Fade and Recover

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Power Fade and Recover
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:26:44 -0500
  That happened to me, too, when I first had the head rebuilt with new
valve guides.  It didn't happen until I took it on the highway after
driving it around town for a hundred miles or so.  One exhaust valve
guide was found to be on the low end of the clearance spec.  The valve
didn't stick until the engine warmed up that extra bit on the highway.
However, when mine stuck it stayed stuck and there was obviously a dead
cylinder.  It was easy to find the dead cylinder by pulling spark plug
wires when the problem occurred.

   When it happens, I'd pull over and start pulling wires, one at a time.

   FWIW,

   CR