Re: [Mgs] A Bad Day with the MGB engine

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] A Bad Day with the MGB engine
From: "Valda and Merl Rosenthal" <mvrose@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 06:38:32 -0700
Ed,

I had the exact same thing happen when I tried to start my MGB after an
overhaul.  Before taking off your oil pan to check the gasket try the
following:

Remove the flex line at the pressure switch.  Use a pump style oil can,
syringe, etc to fill the flex hose with oil.   Once you have filled the flex
hose, reconnect it or put the end in a towel and have some one crank the
engine.  The procedure I described will "load up the oil pump" and help you
get it primed. It took a couple of attempts using the above procedure to get
oil pressure.

Merl Rosenthal