[Mgs] Back from Vacation - Minimal Progress :-(

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Back from Vacation - Minimal Progress :-(
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after a nice relaxing week in Cape Cod, I was looking forward to getting
home and spending today fixing the carb and
fuel 'weep' from the rubber bulkhead fuel hose. Unfortunately, my parts order
was screwed up - twice - so, I have no parts. I
was pretty ticked off last night and let the supplier know it when I called
them today. Oh well. Hopefully the part to repair
the carb will arrive tomorrow (10 day shipping from California, apparently), so
perhaps I can get that done tomorrow evening.
Depending how that goes, I may be able to start the car tomorrow night! Then
I'll fix the 'weepage' once the new hose arrives.

So instead, I spent some time messing around with the shift boot retaining
ring. 2 of the 4 bolts had very stripped heads (ever
seen a Philips head become a 'circle' head?!). I removed the retainer by
basically tearing it apart (I have another on hand) and
still have one last bolt to remove. Unfortunately, my Dremel power pack wasn't
plugged in and needs a charge, so cutting a slot
in the bolt head will have to wait until tomorrow.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)