Re: [Mgs] Brakes won't bleed

To: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>, "Keith G."
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brakes won't bleed
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:18:48 +0200
When you tackle a brake system fault, it may well be worth to clean the
inner brakelines.
I was lucky to have all brake lines from the GT when restoring it.
So I discovered that over the years there is a lot of dirt contaminated into
the brake lines.
I decided to replace all flex hoses and flush the metal brake lines with an
alcohol cleaning fluid.
What a dirt came from these lines was enormous!

After reassembling all brake lines and having replaced the flex lines and
rear slave cylinders bleeding was a piece of cake.
Beware this dirt also contaminates into the drum brake rear cylinders over
the years and may well clog the bleed hole.

4wiw

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT finally driving well after engine overhaul