Re: [Mgs] 74 B stalls on right hand corners, Mk II

To: mgs@autox.team.net, ericemarkley@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 74 B stalls on right hand corners, Mk II
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:04:50 -0400
Eric,

If the stalling on right hand corners has only started since installing the
charcoal canister, then I would start by disconnect the lines from the
carburettors to the canisters and go for a drive and try to duplicate the
situation where the car stalled on the right hand curves.  It seems to me
that you need to confirm or eliminate the charcoal canisters as the source
of the problem.

Mark
73 MGBGT

Subject: [Mgs] 74 B stalls on right hand corners, Mk II

I did pull the hoses off of the charcoal canister and start the B. Started
up right away and idled nicely cold at 800 rpm. Much better than in the
past. I will check to see if the canister seems to be plugged.

I have had the car since 1995 and it has only done this in the past few
years. Since I added the charcoal canister during this period, it seemed
reasonable to think that might be part of the problem