Re: [Mgs] Temp sender

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Temp sender
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:46:57 -0800
Ah. I hadn't considered that you could access the little devil from the
thermostat area. I was trying to not remove more items than necessary, but I
probably would have removed the thermostat eventually, anyway. Thanks.

It's been soaking in PB Blaster since yesterday afternoon.

Thinking ahead (as it were), I realize that I have no idea of the
specification of this cylinder head. What should I be looking for? The
engine is a Gold Seal unit with the obscure number BHM 1109-228E.

Oh, one more question: how do you folks lift the head off the studs? It's
loose, but just curling that much dead weight at arms' length with my back
bent over and my knees locked against the wing seems like a ticket to the
chiropractor, if nothing else. I think I need to round up a sucker... er, I
mean helper.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149