Re: [Mgs] Temp sender

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Temp sender
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:05:14 -0800
That is a great tip. Not the sort of thing one would be looking for. Thanks
again.

The "Original MGB" book has a table of Gold Seal engine numbers. The numeric
format is similar to mine, but my number is outside the range cited. I had
supposed that that might just reflect that it is more recent than the
publication date.

Actually, looking at the table again, the last three lines show the prefixes
BHM 1105 and BHM 1111 -- mine would slot in between those (1109). At any
rate, it looks as if it would be an 18V spec engine. I am sure this one
would be a high compression version, as I have always had to run premium
fuel (it was sourced from a 1974 MGB-GT, which was parted despite the new
engine when it was determined it could not pass smog in CA). Possibly an
18V-846-F-H?

When I get the head off and look at the valve sizes it should help clear
this up. It's funny, the bottom end has been opened up but I've never had
the head off

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149