Re: [Mgs] positive ground

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] positive ground
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:06:05 -0600
This is true but to clarify on the "later" fuel pumps as in later
produced. The original pumps in the early MGBs (and presumably in the TD
world) were not polarity conscious as I recall. But buy a replacement
one now and they are specifically sold by polarity. Doesn't this seem
like a step backwards? For example, on my 67BGT, if it has the original
fuel pump (quite possible) I can change my polarity if I desire. But if
the pump has been replaced in recent years, I would likely have to
replace the pump or do some internal modification. Looking at the Moss
catalogues on-line, I see this is the case for TC/TD/TF as well - fuel
pumps are sold by polarity.

David Councill

67 BGT

72B