Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:46:04 -0700
You at least want a holddown for when you roll over, so the battery doesn't
short out sending a shower of sparks over the fuel pump...

Does anyone recall seeing an Inspector Morse mystery, where some poor shmuck
is killed when his Iris Blue MGB roadster rolls over after its brake lines
have been cut? The entire accident seems pretty unlikely since it occurs on
a perfectly flat lane through a park, with wide grassy verges and only
scattered trees, where all he would have had to do was to let off the gas
and roll gently to a stop. Anyway, the car winds up on its side (also highly
unlikely), and there is a shot from the underneath side of the car looking
through the battery tray (apparently the lid has popped off, and the battery
was not secured) to the dead man sprawled in the grass (not wearing his seat
belt, either...tsk tsk).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149