Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting

To: mgb72@airmail.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] batteries and starting
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:19:22 -0400
   Gravity is fine until one drives into a rough patch of road. If the
battery gets loose, its terminals could bump the metal cover with
dramatic results.  Some say that the impact of battery to battery tray is
more severe and damaging to battery internals than the vibration that it
gets when secured. It's good practice to secure the battery to the
battery tray; even a piece of synthetic rope is better than not securing.
Though I can't speak to a tech inspection at NAMGBR gatherings, an
unsecured battery at a NE MGT Register gathering is a fail.
Bob

On Tue, 26 May 2009 08:41:10 -0500 mgb72@airmail.net writes:
>         Having to cut flanges off the case in order to make it fit
> will
> invalidate any
>  guarantee, cross your fingers and hope they don't spot it if you
> have to
>  claim.
>
>         I have returned altered batteries with no issue, they are
> just going
> to dispose of it anyway.  Cutting plastic away will not alter the
> batteries operation.
>         You also need to change the hold-down arrangements for a
> 12v.
>         Gravity holds the battery down just fine so no need to redo
> anything
> with the hold down
>
>         These are just my experiences.
All is not lost! Click now for professional data recovery.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLygHI3qdftvYJdBYTqJgDv5A5lj6FAs6HkaLpmeqZebzv7aIhp1O/