Re: [Mgs] positive to negative ground

To: "DONALD TOY" <dontoy@comcast.net>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] positive to negative ground
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:33:37 -0500
At 08:37 AM 8/21/2009 -0400, DONALD TOY wrote:
>.... What is the procedure for changing over from positive ground to
>negative ground? I have a 1954 MG TF. I may want to install a radio
>and put a 12 Volt power socket for cell phone charging etc.

Since no one seems to have provided all the right answers, see here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et202.htm
This is specifically for MGA, but should be the same for the MG TF.

If you want to install a negative earth radio in a positive earth car
(or vice versa), do NOT atttempt to isolate the case form the dash
panel.  That might work for a while, but there are multiple ways to
accidentally short the case to the dash and blow a fuse or burn
wires.  For the proper way to do it see here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et207.htm

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com