Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

To: "Robert J. Guinness" <guinness@stclegal.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:55:15 -0600
 As a matter of fact I usually stay with the condenser and replace only
the points, /if  the points don't show a lot of metal transfer./
Getting a condenser that's just the right capacity is kind of a crap
shoot.  As to quality it depends on who made the parts.  I always had
good luck with Blue Streak ignition parts.  Dunno if they're still
made.  Maybe Standard Auto? Carquest?

I remember reading an article years ago that claimed you could tell if
your condenser (capacitor) was over or under capacity by which contact
point had the metal buildup on it.  I think it might have been inn an
old Motors manual.

  CR