Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@aerojet.com>, Healey forum
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:25:10 -0000
Correct.  One failure mode of these a while ago was the connection from the
foil to the case and/or wire when it changed to crimped from ... whatever it
was before.  I've never had a condenser fail in 40 years, and I've been
carrying spares in both my MGBs since I had them.  I've only ever changed
one once, which was when I was treating a distributor to new leads, cap and
rotor as well as points for some silly reason, but I got away with it.

PaulH.