Re: [Mgs] oil filter

To: Bernie Grabow <grabow.bernie@gmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] oil filter
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:16:53 -0600
That tube is standard issue on the inverted spin-on filter mount.  It
should be press fit (not lift out).  See photos and functional
description here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of100b1.htm

Suitable oil filters for this adapter can be found on the same web
page.  I happen to like NAPA Gold filters which are made by WIX and
essentially same as WIX filters except for paint and brand
name.  There have been very bad reviews of Fram oil filters, but it
has been a while since those studies were published, and I do not
know if anthing has changed more recently.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com