Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:26:14 -0000
It's where we Brits have always gone wrong.  An acquaintance of the then
owner of Jensen (Aston?) asked if he could have a car at cost price (i.e.
what it cost to make with no profit for the company) and the owner replied
"Well I could do old boy, but I'd have to charge you more than anyone else".
Ditto the original Mini, which is claimed always to have made a loss,
although in that case it probably did originally but I doubt it still did
during the rampant wage and price inflation of the 70s and later.

Although Burberry bucked that trend with their check pattern.  It was so
popular it was a target for Far Eastern fakes, and chavs used to leave the
price ticket on so people could see they had bought the real thing at full
price.

Anyone puzzled by the term 'chav' could read this
http://www.antisocialbehaviour.org.uk/dictionary/c.php.  Or then again not.

PaulH.