Re: [Mgs] alternator sold by moss?

To: <cyberemp@comcast.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] alternator sold by moss?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:52:07 -0000
Disconnect the ground where?  There are exhortations not to disconnect the
battery while the engine is running, but I've had several senior moments and
turned off my cut-off switch (no bypass fuse) before turning off the
ignition with no ill effects (so far!).  Can hardly be recommended, though,
maybe your alternator was on the way out anyway.

PaulH.