[Mgs] first drive of the year

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] first drive of the year
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:47:01 -0500
I drove my 77 'B into work today. First drive of the year.

It was about 47 degrees, top up as I'm old and frail (46 :-) ). The car ran
fine, but the temperature gauge never climbed above the edge of the blue down
by the C.

I stopped at a convinence store 13 miles in and a mile away from the office. 3
minutes in for my morning drink, and the engine didn't want to start. A couple
minutes of cranking and it came to life. So I've got some diagnostic work to
do.

Last week, when I pulled the car out of storage, I removed the heater valve
and put in my home made (plumbing ball valve) valve. I haven't gotten around
to hooking up the controls, so it's wide open. Which could be a symptom of the
temperature gauge.  I did top up the radiator fully.

Good to be back in the car.

Paul.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html