Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems

To: "'Clayton Kirkwood'" <crk@godblessthe.us>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems
From: "Vance Navarrette" <v.navarrette@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:32:23 -0700
        Clayton:

        Are you sure they are SAE threads on the studs? You don't say
which model you are working on, but the possibility exists that they are
Whitworth threads, not SAE, metric or Imperial. They may be stripping
because only the very edge of the threads are gripping the studs.

        Is the fit loose/sloppy when you thread the nut on the stud?

        My Mini-Cooper had Whitworth threads on its rocker adjustment
screws. Try finding a screw for them in the US!!! I ended up mail
ordering the correct nuts.

        Vance