Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems

To: crk@godblessthe.us, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems
From: willis042@aol.com
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 18:02:43 -0400
Hmm...just one other thought...
Perhaps some prior twisting of the ole nuts was done by the average
Neanderthal, wherein he twisted the nuts til they felt weird and then backed
them off a quarter turn!
?
In doing so the stud itself could have become stretched (it always stretches
in the threads) so that when applying a new nut, the nut goes down to the
stretched part, looses contact with the reduced diameter stud
and...voila...pulls its little threads out!
?
Try a different set of studs, or at least pull one and check the diameter all
along the threads.
?
studs an nuts ...what a combo...
?