Re: [Mgs] Brake calipers

To: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake calipers
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:36:50 -0500
It's because the bolts have a touch of thread lock stuff on the
threads which is supposed to be single use only.  You can just as
well reassemble the original bolts with a touch of Loctite.

At 11:44 PM 10/22/2010 -0500, Glenn Schnittke wrote:
>So, if I buy the story that it's about the bolts, and that's the one
>that *kind of* makes sense to me, please tell me what's so special
>about the bolts. I wasn't aware that 'one-torque-only' bolts had
>been invented that early. Grading? Particular thread?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive