Re: [Mgs] Market opportunity

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Market opportunity
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:59:50 -0000
They do for about 30k-40k, that's not unreliable in my book.  Like anything
else parts wear and need attention.  Only a DP(resent)O ignores things that
are obviously failing and I include myself in that, having ignored just such
a problem once too often.  I cleaned and refaced the points, and checked the
throw of the diaphragm, and used it to replace a 'pointless' pump that
started short-stroking and causing fuel starvation and no amount of banging
and fiddling 'fixed' that.  I had to wait by the roadside until it decided
it was going to work properly again.  The correctly maintained points pump
has since worked perfectly for many years.

PaulH.