Re: [Mgs] Reliable Fuel Pumps

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Reliable Fuel Pumps
From: "Norm 2Bs" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:01:19 -0500
Those of you getting 100,000+ miles from your original S.U. pumps should
consider yourselves lucky.

My first S.U. fuel pump experience was with a '57 Healey 100-6 I had back in
1964.  Pump quit while away from home.  Hammer therapy didn't work.  Removed
the one jump seat, the cover of the pump & manually pimped to get home.

Second was at Stratton Mt., VT with 3,000 miles on a new MGB.  Pump quit.
Fortunately a mechanic at the Texaco station downhill (We rolled it down
there) on Rt. 100 was able to get it working well enough for me to get back
to Jersey where I replaced it with an AC pump that never quit while I still
had the B.

Since then, one of the first tasks when I bought my other British cars was
to replace the S.U.pump if it still had one.

Norm

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75