[Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

Subject: [Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay
From: rocknatural at gmail.com (The Roxter)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:10:56 -0600
On 2/10/2011 12:22 PM, Mike Eldred wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of replicas generally, but these MGB-based TFs were
> generally well-done.  Not so sure about a Chevy 350 in one of these, though.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320652402246&vi
> ewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
>
> NFI, and all that.
I drive a Victor. They were not made in Victor, NY; they were made near Detroit
by Great lakes car Company. There are very few left. I would expect the price
to be quite a bit lower because of the engine and rear end. A genuine Victor is
worth serious money. That's partly becuase they are recognized as variants by
the MG clubs. Adding an American motor voids that.

-Rocky Frisco