[Mgs] Clutch Hose Replacement

Subject: [Mgs] Clutch Hose Replacement
From: matt.lists at trebelhorn.com (Matt Trebelhorn)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:16:43 -0400
You asked how to do it -- here's my suggestion.

The hardest part is re-attaching the top of the hose.  Everything
else is fairly simple.

1.  drain the fluid.
2.  cut the hose -- actually, cut away all of the rubber part until
all that remains are the metal fittings on either end.
3.  Put a deep-well socket on these and remove.  (For the top, you
will need an open-end wrench on the nut above.)
4.  attach new hose to slave cyl.
5.  attach new hose to hard line.  I do this final step from the top
side, reaching down through the engine bay, using one wrench to hold
the hose and the other to turn the nut.

It's been a few months since I did this, so I may have forgotten
something.  But that's pretty much it.

Also, when I did it, it was part of a complete hydraulic system fix
-- pedal box and both masters out, rebuild clutch master and slave,
etc.  I actually put the hose on the slave before they went back on
the car, I think... but not important for your purposes.

Not that tough -- good luck with it.
Matt