Re: [Mgs] Heat Shield material

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heat Shield material
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:55:40 -0400
A few years ago I bought a sheet of 'Stove Board' from the local hardware
store (before the big chain home improvement stores took over and they
closed...). It is sold as a heat protection board behind/under a wood stove.
I suspect a similar type item would be available from a store that sells
wood burning stoves. I cut the stove board into the shape needed to renew
the heat shield for our MGB ('78 MGB retrofitted with dual HS4 carbs). To
hold it to the metal part of the heat shield I used some large headed
aluminum rivets with large washers on the heat shield side.

I did not save the packaging but I did save a photo:
http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/20347/1138721398044267019S500x500Q85.jpg

More MGB photos (including a couple of the installed heat shield) here:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/80373254Gnkpzq?vhost=rides

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell