[Mgs] Heat Shield material

Subject: [Mgs] Heat Shield material
From: mgbob at juno.com (mgbob at juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:50:21 GMT
   I found just the right thing at the nearby performance shop.
   Someone makes a heat shield kit for Chevrolet starters.  It's a
fibreglass-looking cloth that will rivet to the MGB heat shield just where the
asbestos board once set.  There's enough in the kit to make a pad, and it has
worked great for me.
   Ask at a performance shop.  The guys suggested this kit as a source for the
asbestos substitute, not knowing what a good fit it would be for MGBs.
Bob