[Mgs] Rear Bumper Installation '71 MGB

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Rear Bumper Installation '71 MGB
From: "Ron King" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:18:31 -0800
After having my '71 MGB sit for almost 6 years (ran sorta/kinda fine before
sitting), have finally started putting it back together.  I removed the fuel
tank before storage, but didn't drain any of the fluids then.

Would appreciate if anyone could answer the following:

-          rear bumper mount: there are a pair of "crook-neck" mounting
pieces that bolt to the chassis, and then bolt to the bumper.  There are
also a pair of towing brackets and rubber donuts.  I believe the order of
re-installation is: crook neck mounts, tow bracket, rubber donut, and then
bumper mount bar.  Can anyone either confirm this order is correct, or have
a pic of an original '71 rear bumper installation?

-          the vapor canister is mounted inside the trunk (boot?) attached
to the rear side marker somehow.  Seem to recall there was a bracket which
attaches to the canister and then side marker.  Can anyone confirm, or
better yet have a picture?

-          aside from the following, are there any other things to do before
starting her up?

o   change oil and filter

o   replace plugs

o   squirt oil in cylinders

o   replace fuel filter

o   replace points, condenser, rotor, cap, plug wires

o   replace air filter

o   replace belt

o   drain/flush radiator

o   check carb dashpots

o   check for leaks

o   pull coil wire and turn starter over checking for oil pressure

o   putting in new battery (12V); will cleanup battery terminals then

Thanks

Ron King

'71 MGB

Mgs@autox.team.net