Re: [Mgs] '71 MGB Prop/drive shaft bolts and nuts -- use Nylok or regula

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] '71 MGB Prop/drive shaft bolts and nuts -- use Nylok or regular nuts?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:53:00 +0100 cv=JvdXmxIgLJv2/GthKqHpGJEEHukvLcvELVXUanXFreg= c=1 sm=0 a=cKgLSYAf9mwA:10 a=3NElcqgl2aoA:10 a=HDzz4zj5CAoJVJp8fpMA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=CkAFDYPOMg_aY6dR:21 a=Y0tags5wXbGa88OE:21 a=WFOkDKhoKVatMzWp7HoA:9 a=Z9MORjmFk2faahKtHv0A:7 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117
Cc: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
I drive it onto ramps then jack under one spring bottom plate when greasing
the UJs for example.  The jack only needs to go up an inch or so for the tyre
to clear the ramp, so leaving plenty of room if the jack should happen to
fail.  This is the *only* time I work under anything jacked.  For anything
needing the axle hanging down the stands go under the front hangers, but you
do need to be aware that if the rebound straps fail the axle will drop
further.  Ramps and a jack raising a wheel if a wheel needs to be turned *is*
safer.

PaulH.