Re: [Mgs] new muffler

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] new muffler
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:35:54 +0100
Recheck what you did, and that you didn't knock something out of kilter
along the way.  Unless you adjusted your carbs to suit your knackered
exhaust, then they shouldn't need readjusting now, and if you did, well,
that explains why they need readjusting now.  It is possible that the new
exhaust 'restriction' is affecting the breathing, but I wouldn't expect it
to be that much.  If you know the carbs are out then you should be putting
them right anyway, not asking us if you need to!  And I presume you mean
'synchronisers' not 'synchromeshes'.

PaulH.