[Mgs] Delayed updates

To: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net, Rui Gigante <rui.gigante@gmail.com>
Subject: [Mgs] Delayed updates
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:14:09 -0500
Hello Friends,

A few of you have written to me, kindly asking if all is okay since I have
posted no updates in over three weeks.  Thank you for that.  Everything is
just fine.

I have been on a family holiday, just returning last evening.  I did not
post an "I am not at home so please burglarize my home." ; Not - not that
any of you would do so but EVERYTHING put on the web is public domain.
 Anyway, we're back home from Europe, brain dead and jet lagged to bits.

We did 10 days in Portugal with MGS list-member Rui Gigante where we
attended the historic F1 and sports car event on the historic Boavista F1
circuit in Porto.  We did not drive in the event this year but we did have
a lot of fun.  For example, its rare to spot any Bugatti, its even more
rare to spot a racing Bugatti...and its insanely rare and awesome to be in
the paddock, up-close and personal with a DOZEN racing Bugattis and to see
them racing on the historic circuit!!!  Such was the weekend at Boavista!

What Rui and I also discovered is a FANTASTIC MG restoration shop.  And to
call this place a 'shop' is a massive understatement!  Not only do these
guys do beautiful restorations, they also have literally THOUSANDS of used
and NOS parts; T-series to B's!  I mean, I saw huge boxes full of fuel
pumps, brake, steering and suspension bits, bumper blades, engines, and
anything else that was part of a classic MG!!!  As soon as my brain get
back on Central time, I'll post my pictures and Rui can provide the
reference for the shop in Porto where we may find that 'one remaining
original part that we just can't locate'!

The 10 days after Portugal was spent on a Baltic cruise (Estonia, Russia,
Finland, Sweden, Germany and Denmark) to get away from the Houston heat.
 Average temperatures were from 18C - 24C (65F - 75F)! More good fun.

So again, thanks for the concern.  All is well.  I'm ready to get back in
the garage - which I plan to do tomorrow!  Expect pictures soon...

With best regards,

-rick
CC: Rui