Re: [Mgs] oil

To: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] oil
From: Simon Matthews via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 22:45:47 -0700
Max,
The composition of the oil is dependent on the weight. The
specifications allow more zinc and phosphorus in the heavier oils.
That's why you can get SG rated oil with plenty of Zinc and
Phosphorus.

I suspect the most important parameter when buying oil for your MG is
to ensure is is 20W/50. As you are in the Bay Area, I suspect you can
buy Amsoil 20W/50, which is SG rated, but marketed as having high Zinc
and especially suitable for flat tappet engines.

Simon