Re: [Mgs] Running hot

To: rolindsay@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Running hot
From: Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 18:50:21 -0500
Cc: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Hi Rick,
   You have been systematic about this.
   Good question about the opening of the new â??stat.  As far as I know, they
either open completely or not at all.  Others may know for sure.
   Sounds like you did all the right things with your efforts to clean the
radiator.  I still wonder if it had sediment that solidified during the time
the car was not in service.  Was that a long time?  Antifreeze in the radiator
then?
   Check the side-to-side temps of radiator.  If the sides and centre are not
close in temp, I would suspect blockage in the sides.
   Why the electric fan? My MGB with its yellow plastic fan was happy year
round in Sarasota, admittedly not the heat of Houston, but I never had any
worries.
   Is fan turning the right direction? I have heard about that but never seen
it.
Bob