Re: [Mgs] New Clutch Slave Cylinder (MGA) problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] New Clutch Slave Cylinder (MGA) problem
From: Charles Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:14:01 -0500

--------------9D6E60FEEF025B7943494856

That's new to me.  When doing it solo, I attach a tube to the bleed
screw on the slave cylinder, run it into a partially full catch basin
and slowly pump the clutch pedal until all the air is pumped out of the
system, adding fluid as necessary to the master cylinder so it doesn't
go dry.   This has always worked for me.

CR

On 4/26/2021 9:35 AM, PaulHunt73 wrote:
>  e-mail signature
> Bleeding is a pain on the MGB, what usually works is to wedge the
> pedal fully down overnight then release it carefully - i.e. not with a
> bang - next morning.  This displaces any air bubbles which allows them
> to flow to a loop at the top of the pipe (on the MGB) then releasing
> the pedal next morning flushes it back into the reservoir.
> PaulH.

--------------9D6E60FEEF025B7943494856

  <head>
  </head>
      bleed screw on the slave cylinder, run it into a partially full
      catch basin and slowly pump the clutch pedal until all the air is
      pumped out of the system, adding fluid as necessary to the master
      cylinder so it doesn't go dry.   This has always worked for me.</p>
      cite="mid:142C093151ED493ABDB2FA360BBD8A2F@paul">

      <title>e-mail signature</title>
          what usually works is to wedge the pedal fully down overnight
          then release it carefully - i.e. not with a bang - next
          morning.  This displaces any air bubbles which allows them to
          flow to a loop at the top of the pipe (on the MGB) then
          releasing the pedal next morning flushes it back into the
          reservoir.</font></div>

--------------9D6E60FEEF025B7943494856--

--===============1392925849499282700==