[Mgs] Radios

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Radios
From: "dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 16:05:21 -0500
Jon -

My friend has an early 60's right hand drive MG 4 door sedan.  It has a radio
in it, but only the light comes on.  no sound, static, or anything.

It looks like itâ??s an Ekco Type 1901.  It power unit is separate from the
radio head.  Iâ??m guessing the speaker connects to the power unit?

I donâ??t think itâ??s an AM radio.  The frequency dial runs from 200-2000.   I
did happen to find a website that shows itâ??s a radio that was new in 1961.
Only 31 pounds!

http://antique-autoradio-madness.org/Ecko/Ekco-1960_1.htm

did the UK have a different set of bandwidths than the US?