Re: [Mgs] Radios

To: dave <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Radios
From: Steve West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 07:57:02 -0400
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
On 04.10.2021 17:05, dave wrote:
> Jon -
>
> My friend has an early 60's right hand drive MG 4 door sedan.  It has
> a radio in it, but only the light comes on.  no sound, static, or
> anything.
>
> It looks like itâ??s an Ekco Type 1901.  It power unit is separate from
> the radio head.  Iâ??m guessing the speaker connects to the power unit?

That is probably a CR1901. Yes, the frequencies were different -they had
MW - Medium Wave and LW - Long Wave. The dial is in kHz. I had an Aunt
and Uncle who brought back an MG from Germany that had a similar radio.
You could pick up the US AM band on MW, the LW band wouldn't have
broadcasting in the US but you might be able to pick up some signals.
Not sure if longwave is still used in Europe/UK or not for broadcasting.

--
Steve West-Fisher
N4IK