Rear axle rebuild

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear axle rebuild
From: "Steve Manwell" <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 16:36:58 EST
     Dear Morganeers,

     I have been working on the rear axle for my '54 plus 4.  It is a
     Salsbury 3HA differential and I have been using a copy of Tim Cree's
     article (on parts interchangeability) from an old Miscellany and
     another article (on wheel bearing and seal replacement, I think by Bob
     Adair).

     Now that I have the hubs off (using a big puller) and one axle out
     (slide hammer puller), I can see that the whole axle should be cleaned
     out and rebuilt.  This brings me to my question:

     Does anyone have a Jaguar MkII 2.4 workshop manual or a copy of the
     section on rebuilding the rear axle?  The Cree article lists this as
     the most "common" car using a 3HA axle.

     I don't know if I'll tackle the differential rebuild myself, but I
     would at least like to learn about the process.  I can supply copies
     of the above articles if anyone needs them.  I have also rebuilt the
     Moss gearbox for the same car and can offer info and advice on this
     process.

     Steve Manwell
     smanwell@xenergy.com